Thursday, May 3, 2012

Moving On

Add caption
I was going to call this the' Last, last post' as I had already made a final entry but I decided to work on this piece some more and reconsider the decision to close down this blog. So, I've worked on the piece and reconsidered and come to the same conclusion. I think the purpose of this blog has been accomplished, namely to put my work up and see that it has value and merit on its own. It's been fun to learn some technology and to step back from the images and see them in this format. It's also affirmed my personal strength in knowing that I would do this if no one ever saw it. It is that powerful for me. That after all is the true gift; knowing that the Giver of all good gifts only requires you to exercise it. The results are not for us to judge or for anyone else to judge either. Recently, I have been feeling drawn to track down some ancestors I have never known and the results have been surprising. I keep stumbling upon illustrators, fine artists, cartoonists, musicians, poets, actors and actresses. Some were and still are very well known by the world and others not but a long lost cousin, living in Australia, reminded me recently that in this family, the arts are very strong. The joy they feel as they respond to this call  is genetic and must be expressed. For the first time in my life, I feel a part of a larger family, many of whom I will never know personally but who I know intimately, in my bones. I don't have to answer for it, explain or justify it. I just have to do it. That's freedom. Enjoy the journey.

No comments: